Book Review - "The ONE Thing" by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan



Think - “what is that ONE thing I can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?” πŸ€”

For now- reading this book is that ONE thing 😝 πŸ˜‡

I re-read this book as I felt this is the book when you don’t have to talk to people about your issues or stress to feel light.

To me, sitting alone on an airplane has become a rewarding experience. Don’t get me wrong as you know I love talking, meeting friends, gossiping, shopping, partying, joking etc etc etc. but ultimately you need some private special Time to do things which are not possible to do with the daily routine. Sitting on the plane without mobile with no distractions gives me that special time.

Yes!!! There is something unparalleled about reading a book in one go. Hitting the last page might even surprise you sometimes, as its then when you realize that you do not live in a fictional place like Narnia, Hogwarts or Middle Earth.

You know those rare times when you pick a book that changes your life.
This is one of them.

I re-read this book at the perfect time of my life when I was actually in a dilemma - what to do and how to do ? What is right for me? Etc etc etc. and the moment I finished this book I had answers to all my questions.

Are you in the same situation ?
Then trust me this is the perfect read to find out all the answers you are looking for.

I actually find it really difficult to write a review for this book, may be that’s why it took a little long to post this.

Often motivational books take a few key points which could be summarized easily but the ONE THING doesn’t fall in that trap.
Gary augments this one concept of doing Only ONE THING and in a word - FOCUS, with lots of actionable tips, that are very practical and easy to understand and of course doable.

When I started reading this for the first time, everyone around me said - “hey!!! you don’t need any book for time management”

But honestly this is not only a time management book but also will teach you to build a big vision with narrow focus. This will teach you how to be organised and MANAGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE.


The book has lot of interesting quotations, stories and examples. While reading the book I made over 50 underlined highlighters.

One of my favorites is - “learning to say NO, can and will liberate you”

As I already mentioned it was a Herculean task for me to review this book , this time I am actually unable to summarize 250 page book. I myself am shocked 😨 but I don’t want to summarize and misguide you as I am sure each and everyone of us is gonna take home different messages from this 250 page book.

I wish I had read this during my engineering days or infact before that. It’s really changed my perspective and helped me realize what is that ONE thing that I should be focusing on.
I feel like I found the real peace. It feels like I can thrive in all areas without losing out on others

A worthwhile read!!!!

Don’t blink it just read πŸ˜‡



Comments

Popular Posts