"Jonathan Livingston Seagull" - An Experience

My favorite quote from the book: 

'Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know, and you will see the way to fly.'– Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'


This is my Most Favorite Fiction Book ever. I am sure no other book can replace this ever in future too.

Honestly, I would not do justice to the book if I say – “this is Book Review” or if I rate this book. This is just my experience I wanted to share since long and definitely not a REVIEW. It is just Impossible to write a review for this Book.

In this book, the Author, Richard Bach, uses the metaphor of seagulls flying to show the readers that if we work persistently and diligently, we can achieve our dreams. Failure would be a part of this process, but to achieve greatness it is a stepping stone.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull is a rebel; the one who could not conform. Jonathan not only refuses to stop learning new tricks about flying but diligently strives to explore and break the limitations of his own self.

'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' is about learning to be yourself by challenging the normative ideas of what one can and cannot do. A lovely little fable that examines the idea of freedom through ambition and self-awareness. On the other hand, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' is equally about unlearning what you've already known or have been taught all your life. .

To quote from end-notes by the author –
"In your twenty-first century, hemmed about with authority and ritual, it's strapped now to strangle freedom. Don't you see, it's planning to make your world safe, not Free”

Jonathan Seagull discovered that boredom and fear and anger are the reasons that a gull’s life is so short, and with these gone from his thought, he lived a long fine life indeed.

I would like to thank My Best Friend for Gifting me this and introducing me to such a timeless read and lesson.

Must read - You will most assuredly not be disappointed!!!



--------
Shi"tare"
#thakataregirl

Comments

Popular Posts